Belize

Belize

Monday, May 18, 2015

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. –CS Lewis

        
           The vast expanse of the universe has always enthralled me. The starry hosts of heaven shining down as I gaze up. I have always loved the stars. And the heavens constantly remind me of something not yet experienced; like going home yet never having been there.
            In this life, I believe we sometimes receive a glimpse of the world to come. And I refuse to believe I am here because the world made itself. If we came from nothing then there would be no meaning. And there is nothing in this universe that creates itself from nothing. Rational philosophy tells us, ex nihilo nihil fit (“Out of nothing, nothing comes”). So everything must come from something else. Which begs the question, how could one even find a meaningful life in a meaningless universe? To quote Lewis again: If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning.
            I believe we are all searching for something, but do we know it’s God we’re looking for? Because of creation and revelation, there can be nowhere God is not. If we do not believe, it is because we choose not to. So we must choose to believe. 

            I have never been much of a writer, but I am beginning a blog to get my thoughts out there in this transitional phase of my life. I hope to write on all kinds of topics ranging from philosophy, God, the church, ministry and missions to just sharing stories about life, people and the miraculous. I also enjoy photography and filmmaking so keep on the lookout for my latest stuff. Thanks for reading.

Many blessings,
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment